Monday, August 27, 2007

Online productivity tools

I love the whole concept of online office applications, because that means you can easily access and work on your documents anywhere you have an Internet connection. No more floppies, CD's or zip drives! This is analogous to going from land line telephones to cell phone technology. I've tried Zoho Writer which seems easier to use than Microsoft Office. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I've checked out Google Docs & Spreadsheets, which seems to be a 'bread and butter' type application and not have as many functions as Zoho. However, you can integrate it into a personalized iGoogle page which is a major advantage if Google is your home page.
The next thing that I am going to look into is publishing from both programs. Which is easier, and which is better?

No comments: